TPO Project Management Resources
Project Management Methodology. Simple, proven, and consistent project management practices are a
necessity to effectively manage the efforts of a project team. The
benefits of a project management methodology include:
- Achieve the organization's business objectives.
- Clearly define each project's purpose, scope, and measurements
of success and ensure that projects are managed to meet these
- Identify project risks that may impact the successful completion
of a project, and plan to reduce or resolve those risks.
- Maintain effective communications throughout the life cycle of
the project among all project stakeholders so that all participants
understand the overall project plan, the roles and responsibilities,
and the current status of the project.
- Identify and manage proposed project changes to make certain
that they support the project's goals within the allotted resources
and have the approval of key stakeholders.
Many templates and forms used to manage projects at UC Berkeley are
available on the OE templates web page.