CalNet 2-Step verification provides an important, additional layer of protection against the theft of your CalNet credentials. You have likely experienced 2-Step verification with accounts such as online banking. When logging in, after you enter your CalNet ID and password, you will be prompted for a second step using a verification device that you set up. The second step could just be a tap on your phone!
Why should I do the CalNet 2-Step?
- It ensures you're the only person accessing your account.
- You'll be adding another layer of security (other than just your password).
- Doing the CalNet 2-Step follows cyber-security best practice.
- You'll be doing your part to protect institutional data at UC Berkeley.
- For more information, visit the CalNet 2-Step website.
Sign Up Now
- Have your device ready - you can use your smart phone, cell phone, or tablet.
- Login to the CalNet Account Manager, then click Manage 2-Step Verification from the left menu.
- Follow these steps to register your device; OR
- Watch this video on how to enroll in CalNet 2-Step using your smartphone.