A message from Larry Conrad, AVC-IT & CIO
Dear Campus Community,
I am pleased to announce the launch of our redesigned Technology@Berkeley website, which will be the home for campuswide IT-related information. Faculty, staff, and students can find information about campus IT Services, the One IT community and related events, and browse the IT Action Plan pages to view progress we’ve made towards achieving our goals.
Highlights of the new website include:
- Connecting quickly to IT resources. We’ve included an IT Services section on the Technology@Berkeley website to help you find IT services and resources quickly with visual icons to help guide you. This page is an interim solution while a campus IT Service Catalog is being developed.
- Providing information on campus-wide IT projects and goals. In March we launched the IT Action Plan website, which outlines many of the strategic initiatives we are supporting across campus to meet the needs of our faculty, staff, and students. This content has been folded into the Technology@Berkeley site, enabling you to find information in one place.
- Communicating the vision of One IT. As many of you know, in conjunction with the IT Leaders Program alumni at UC Berkeley, I’m sponsoring the One IT initiative. The One IT section of the website describes the coordinated program of activities aimed to help build IT community, allow IT partners across campus to engage with one another, and improve IT services coordination.
- Delivering IT news from a central location. In the past, news articles appeared on multiple web pages and sites (e.g. iNews, Staff website, CIO Messages, etc.). IT news will continue to be sent out via email, but the archive of articles will be built on the new Technology@Berkeley site with the latest news appearing on the home page. Importing past articles will take some time but eventually all news will be available in one location.
- Informing the campus community about the function of our office. The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) includes eight departments and functions that report directly to me. Our About page describes the functions of each of the areas of responsibility.
- Creating a user-focused experience. We’ve adjusted the design, navigation and content with the campus community in mind. The interactive home page highlights recent news and events in the IT community.
The redesign of the Technolgy@Berkeley site, our One IT gatherings and seeking out opportunities to collaborate, as well as continuing our work on vital initiatives around service management and the service catalog are just some of the ways we are creating positive change to better support our campus community.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions for ongoing improvements to the site, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Larry Conrad, Associate Vice Chancellor - IT and CIO