I am happy to announce that campus staff can now apply for funding to help offset training expenses incurred in preparation for meeting the new IT Project Management Policy for UC Berkeley requirements. The new policy goes into effect in January 2017. The Office of the CIO will provide $10,000 per year for three years to help cover project management training expenses related to the implementation of this policy.
The IT project management policy has been designed to:
- Improve the success of IT projects across UC Berkeley in achieving campus strategic goals.
- Increase our capacity to deliver IT projects within budget and on schedule.
- Support and strengthen the ability of campus staff to collaborate effectively on IT projects by sharing a common language and set of practices, thereby reducing project risk.
- Review the IT Project Management Policy to familiarize yourself with the policy’s criteria and requirements.
- Provide feedback about the policy by April 25, and let us know what support you or your staff will need to successfully implement it by the beginning of next year.
- Apply for PM training reimbursement.
If you have questions about this new policy or want more information about project management training opportunities, please contact Jon Conhaim, Manager of the TPO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 643-2244.
Larry Conrad, Associate Vice Chancellor for IT and Chief Information Officer