To our campus community:
Many IT facilities and services will be closed or operating on modified schedules during the University’s annual energy conserving event around the end of year holidays scheduled between Monday, Dec. 24, 2018 and Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. Most offices will be closed on University Holidays and services will not be available unless otherwise noted below.
Systems, Facilities, and the Campus Network
Administrative applications - Systems will run as normal unless the system sponsor has requested a modified schedule. Support Dec. 24 through Jan. 1 will be provided to meet the essential operating needs of each application.
- Cal Answers and CalPlanning will keep regular online hours with limited Service Desk support during non-holiday days. Some user inquiries may be deferred until the full support staff is available on Jan. 2.
- BAIRS will be decommissioned on Dec. 22 and will no longer be available as a campus service. Please use Cal Answers to meet your reporting needs.
- BearBuy will be available during the holiday period. Approvers in departments and regional units are unlikely to be available during curtailment. BearBuy operations and technical staff will respond to critical problems during the non-holiday curtailment days. There will be support available for emergency acquisitions during curtailment.
- BFS will keep regular online hours during the non-holiday days during curtailment, but there will be no online support. Batch jobs will run automatically as normal.
- Blu will be available 24/7 during curtailment.
- CalTime will be available 24/7 during curtailment. However no batch interfaces from HCM to CalTime and from CalTime to PPS will be implemented. Last interfaces from and to CalTime will be executed on Friday night, Dec. 21, 2018. Batch jobs will resume on Wednesday night, Jan. 2, 2019.
HCM will be closed during curtailment. Applicant (Candidate Gateway) and Employee Self Services are available 24/7. Last HCM and PPS batch jobs will be executed on Friday night, Dec. 21, 2018. Batch jobs will resume on Wednesday night, Jan. 2, 2019. Data entered via HCM employee Self Service during curtailment will not be in PPS until Thursday morning, Jan. 3.
- Imagine will be available but not supported from Dec. 24 through Jan. 1.
PPS will be open for inquiry only during curtailment.
- SIS applications, CalCentral, and Campus Solutions will be available 24/7 during curtailment. The Service Desk will be closed from Dec. 22 through Jan. 1.
bConnected (email, calendar, Drive, and Box) - staff will respond to any critical problems throughout the holiday curtailment period. End user support will be available through the CSS IT Service Desk on all non-holiday dates to assist campus units via phone, email, or online. View the CSS IT schedule.
Data Center (at Earl Warren Hall)
- Dec. 24 and 25: On call only. Please call 510-693-5434 for emergency access or assistance.
- Dec. 26 - 28: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dec. 29 - Jan. 1: On call only. Please call 510-693-5434 for emergency access or assistance.
Data Network and Voice Services (Telecommunications) - Voice Telecom, including Operator Services will be closed for curtailment from Dec. 24 through Jan. 1. Support for voice problem resolution will be reduced during this time. Telecom Voice and Data orders placed starting Dec. 19, 2018 will not be processed until Jan. 2, 2019 when CCU consultants are back in the office.
Problems with campus voice services should be reported to CSS IT at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, when prompted press key 1 for individual support needs; press key 2 to report a larger voice-services problem. A voice technician will be contacted immediately for major outages and critical issues. Individual support needs will be addressed after curtailment.
The campus data network will be supported at the weekend/after hours level only between Dec. 22 and Jan 1. Critical problems with network services should be reported to CSS IT at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, press key 3 to report a building or department-wide network outage. Individual support needs will be addressed after curtailment.
DNS Hostmaster - Requests will not be processed Dec. 22 - Jan. 1. For assistance with urgent DNS issues, contact CSS IT at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, and press key 3 to report a major DNS issue or incident. Individual support needs will be addressed after curtailment.
Production Control (PCSSC) - PCSSC will provide 24x7 staff support the week of Dec. 24 through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2018. Contact the PCSSC anytime using our Call Center at 510-664-4770 or by sending your requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consulting and User Services
Campus Shared Services IT - CSS IT will be closed on the University holidays. On non-holiday dates, the CSS IT Service Desk will operate with reduced staff between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to assist campus units via phone, email or online. For holiday or after hours support, please call 510-664-9000, option 1 for IT, then press 7 to leave a voicemail, or send an email to: email@example.com. Those issues will be addressed on the next business day.
Database - On Call Support will be provided during the curtailment similar to normal evening and weekend support; please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com (depending on the database type) to contact the appropriate DBA on call.
Endpoint Operations and Services (EOS) - EOS will be closed beginning Monday, Dec. 24 and will reopen Wednesday, Jan. 2. EOS services, such as BigFix and Jamf Pro Self-Service, will be available for Windows and macOS. However, support for these services will resume again after the new year. Critical system outages should be escalated through the CSS IT Service Desk 510-664-9000, option 1 for IT.
Enterprise Integration Services - All EIS Integration Hub and DevKit services will be available during the holiday curtailment period. EIS staff will respond to any critical operational issues with Integration hub and DevKit systems similar to normal evening and weekend support; please call CSS IT to contact the appropriate support staff member. Non-critical support requests will be responded to starting Jan. 2.
Intercollegiate Athletics IT - Will be supported by on-call IT staff from Dec. 24 through Jan. 1.
Open Berkeley - Managed sites will have limited email support (via firstname.lastname@example.org) during the non-holiday curtailment days Dec. 26-28). No support will be available on campus holiday dates.
Platform Infrastructure - On call support for customers with extended support on their servers will provided during the curtailment similar to normal evening and weekend support; please call the CSS IT Service Desk 510-664-9000, option 7 to contact the appropriate SA on call.
Software Central - Closed beginning Friday, Dec. 21 and will reopen Tuesday, Jan. 2. The Software Central website and software downloads will be accessible, however no support will be available during the closure. Processing of software orders and requests will resume Wednesday, Jan 2.
Student Technology Services - Closed Dec. 22 through Jan. 6. Students may email urgent questions to email@example.com, although response times will be slower. The Student Helpdesk phone line (510-642-4357) will be open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning Monday, Jan. 7, 2019.
Web Hosting (Pantheon) - No processing of plan/billing changes will occur during curtailment Dec. 24 through Jan. 1.