To our campus community:
Many IT facilities and services will be closed or operating on modified schedules during the University’s annual energy conserving event around the end of year holidays scheduled between Monday, Dec. 25, 2017 and Monday, Jan. 1, 2018. Most offices will be closed on University Holidays and services will not be available unless otherwise noted below.
Systems, Facilities, and the Campus Network
Administrative Applications - Will run as normal unless the system sponsor has requested a modified schedule. System support Dec. 25 - Jan. 1 will be provided to meet the essential operating needs of each application.
- BAIRS, Cal Answers, and CalPlanning will keep regular online hours during the non-holiday days during curtailment.
- BearBuy - Will be available during holiday periods but without online support. BearBuy operations and technical staff will respond to critical problems during the non-holiday curtailment days.
- BFS - BFS will keep regular online hours during the non-holiday days during curtailment, but there will be no online support. Batch jobs will run automatically as normal.
- Blu - Blu will be available 24/7 during curtailment.
- CalTime - Will be available 24/7 during curtailment. However no batch interfaces from HCM to CalTime and from CalTime to PPS will be implemented. Last interfaces from and to CalTime will be executed on Friday night, Dec. 22, 2017. Batch jobs will resume on Tuesday night, Jan. 2, 2018.
- HCM - HCM will be closed during curtailment. Applicant (Candidate Gateway) and Employee Self Services are available 24/7. Last HCM and PPS batch jobs will be executed on Friday night, Dec. 22, 2017. Batch jobs will resume on Tuesday night, Jan. 2, 2018. Data entered via HCM employee Self Service during curtailment will NOT be in PPS until Wednesday morning, Jan. 3.
- Imagine - Imagine will be available but not supported from Dec. 25 - Jan. 1.
- PPS - PPS will be open only for inquiry during curtailment.
- SIS applications, CalCentral, and Campus Solutions will be available 24/7 during curtailment. The Service Desk will be closed from Dec. 23 through Jan. 1.
bConnected (email, calendar, Drive, and Box) - bConnected staff will respond to any critical problems throughout the holiday curtailment period. End user support will be available through the CSS IT Service Desk on all non-holiday dates to assist campus units via phone, email, or online. View the CSS IT schedule.
CalNet - CalNet staff will respond to any critical problems with CalNet systems throughout the holiday curtailment period.
Data Center (at Earl Warren Hall)
- Dec. 23 and 24: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Dec. 25 and Jan. 1: On call only. Please call Data Center Manager at 707-410-6717 for emergency access or assistance.
- Dec. 26 - 31: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Jan. 2: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Data Network and Voice Services (Telecommunications) - Voice Telecom, including Operator Services will be closed for curtailment from Dec. 25 through Jan. 1. Support for voice problem resolution will be reduced during this time.
Problems with campus voice services should be reported to CSS IT at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, when prompted press key 1 for individual support needs; press key 2 to report a larger voice-services problem. A voice technician will be contacted immediately for major outages and critical issues. Individual support needs will be addressed after curtailment.
The campus data network will be supported at the weekend/after hours level only between Dec. 23 and Jan 1. Problems with network services should be reported to CSS IT at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, press key 3 to report a building- or department-wide network outage. Individual support needs will be addressed after curtailment.
DNS Hostmaster - Requests will not be processed Dec. 24 - Jan. 2. For assistance with urgent DNS issues, contact CSS IT at 510-664-9000, press 1 for IT, and press key 3 to report a major DNS issue or incident. Individual support needs will be addressed after curtailment.
Production Control (PCSSC) - PCSSC will provide full-time staff support the week of Dec. 25 through Monday, Jan. 1, 2018. Contact the PCSSC anytime using our Call Center at 510-664-4770 or by sending your requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consulting and User Services
Campus Shared Services IT - CSS IT will be closed on campus holidays. On non-holiday dates, the CSS IT Service Desk will operate with reduced staff between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. to assist campus units via phone, email, or online. View the full CSS-wide support details. For holiday (and after ours) support, contact 510-664-9000:
- Press 1 for IT, then 1, 2 or 3 depending on your issue.
- Press 7 for IST VM/Server outages (Windows & Linux VMs).
These calls will be answered and escalated to the appropriate on-call technicians. For an individual issue, (press 1, 1) or send an email to: email@example.com and your issue will be addressed the next business day.
Database - On Call Support will be provided during the curtailment similar to normal evening and weekend support; please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com (depending on the database type) to contact the appropriate DBA on call.
Endpoint Engineering and Infrastructure (EEI) - EEI will be closed beginning Friday, Dec. 23 and will reopen Tuesday, Jan. 3. BigFix, Bomgar, and Casper systems will be available and accessible through Mac and Windows Self-Service. However, no support for these services will be available during that time. Critical system outages should be escalated through CSS IT during their curtailment hours of operation.
Enterprise Integration Services - All EIS Integration Hub and DevKit services will be available during the holiday curtailment period. EIS staff will respond to any critical operational issues with Integration hub and DevKit systems similar to normal evening and weekend support; please call CSS IT to contact the appropriate support staff member. Non-critical support requests will be responded to starting Jan. 2.
Intercollegiate Athletics IT - Will be supported by on-call IT staff from Dec. 25 - Jan. 1.
Platform Infrastructure - On call support for customers with extended support on their servers will be provided during the curtailment similar to normal evening and weekend support; please call the CSS IT Service Desk 510-664-9000, option 7 to contact the appropriate SA on call.
Software Central - Closed beginning Friday, Dec. 22 and will reopen Tuesday, Jan. 2. The Software Central website and software downloads will be accessible, however no support will be available during the closure. Processing of software orders and requests will resume Tuesday, Jan 2.
Web Hosting (Pantheon) - No processing of plan/billing changes will occur during curtailment Dec. 25 - Jan. 1.