One IT Colleagues,
Today is your last opportunity to sign up to present in the Exhibit Hall at IT Summit 2020. We welcome poster sessions or demonstrations highlighting examples of service offerings, hardware, and processes. You may choose exhibits showcasing work you (and your teams) have completed the past year or projects in flight. The theme for this year’s summit is Envisioning a Bright Future and will be held on Wednesday, June 3. The Exhibit Hall will be open 1-3:30 p.m. to ensure presenters have an opportunity to engage in the rest of the day’s program. Not sure of the title or other details? That’s fine, we just want to know who is planning to attend so we can plan accordingly. Submit your session proposal now or by COB today (feel free to add notes that your title/description is in progress and we can circle back later).
- Are you managing one of the priorities outlined in the Reimagining IT Strategic Plan? This is a great opportunity to share progress you are making in support of ReIT projects.
- Perhaps you plan to submit a proposal for UCTech, the summit is a great place to share your work locally before this UC-wide event. Note: the theme for UCTech is Envisioning the Future of IT - similar but different from the summit. Learn more about UCTech
- Need inspiration? Check out posters and exhibits from last year’s summit. We look forward to seeing a great mix of representation across our One IT family. Get creative, we want our remote employees to be able to take part in the summit too, your innovative ideas are welcome. For example, are there ways you can engage the community, share a story, or progress on a project via video?
Other Ways to Get Involved
Beyond attending or presenting at the summit, you have a few more options to engage:
- Promote your IT Staff Org - Are you a member of an IT Staff Org? The summit is an opportunity to promote your group and recruit new members! Staff organiziations will have a dedicated space for tabling in the Kerr Lobby. Be sure to secure your spot also by COB today!
- Sign up to volunteer for the summit - All One IT events would not be possible without the support of a dedicated team of volunteers. You can decide to help in advance of the event or day of (you will still be able to participate in the program).
Larry Conrad, Associate Vice Chancellor for IT and CIO
Dave Browne, Chair of One IT Committee, Director of IST-Infrastructure Services and Telecommunications