I am happy to announce a new IT project management policy has been approved by the Information Technology Executive Committee and will take effect Jan. 1, 2017. This policy has been reviewed by key campus stakeholders to ensure it has the appropriate scope and focus.
The IT project management policy has been designed to:
- Improve the success of IT projects across UC Berkeley in achieving campus strategic goals.
- Increase our capacity to deliver IT projects within budget and on schedule.
- Support and strengthen the ability of campus staff to collaborate effectively on IT projects by sharing a common language and set of practices, thereby reducing project risk.
- Review the IT Project Management Policy to familiarize yourself with the policy’s criteria and requirements.
- Provide feedback about the policy by April 25, 2016 and let us know what support you or your staff will need to successfully implement it by the beginning of next year.
- Take advantage of campus training opportunities:
- UC Berkeley Extension project management courses are available to staff through the Sponsored Tuition Program.
- The Technology Program Office (TPO) will offer workshops on the fundamentals of project management over the next year, details to come.
- $10,000 per year for three years will be funded by the CIO’s office to help offset PM training expenses departments may incur while preparing for this policy to take effect. To apply for funding, please contact Jon Conhaim at email@example.com.
If you have questions about this new policy or want more information about project management training opportunities, please contact Jon Conhaim, Manager of the TPO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 643-2244.
Larry Conrad, Associate Vice Chancellor for IT and Chief Information Officer