Hello One IT Community,
Registration is now open for the UC Tech 2021 conference being hosted by UCLA Aug. 9-11, 2021. The event will be 100% virtual and the theme is Envisioning the Future of IT.
Register today (corrected link). If you already have an account on the uctech.ucla.edu website, login, and then register. If you have not been to the site before, create an account, then login (look for an email with a one-time login link), then register for the event. Creating an account is only the first step! Don't stop there. Please provide any requests for ADA accommodations during the registration process by August 1, 2021.
We are proud to announce that a number of our UC Berkeley colleagues will be presenting on some fantastic topics:
- Sarah Bushman and Gomas Courtney, Instructional Designers, Rebecca Farivar, Digital Learning Specialist, and Seyon Wind, Support Lead in Research, Teaching and Learning / Digital Learning Services | Template for Success: LMS Course Design Tools for Remote Instruction
- Kevin Chan, Manager of Instructional Technology Services and Research, Teaching and Learning Operations | Spinning Up a Live Chat Service in the Pandemic with No Additional Resources - A Collaboration Love Story
- Jody Couch, Executive Director of Enterprise Applications | Reframing Biased Language within Information Technology
Rachel Hollowgrass, User Experience Designer in Student Information Systems | Design Systems: Baking In Accessibility
- Patricia Juarez, Business Systems Analyst in Enterprise Applications | BIPOC Women and White Supremacy in the Workplace. Developing our own Analysis Tool | Empowering Women of Color through Safe Spaces, Healing Circles
- Amy Neeser, Consulting + Outreach Lead Research IT | Data Peers: Reimagining Students in our Research Workforce
- Jenn Stringer, Associate Vice Chancellor for IT and CIO | HigherEd @ Crisis: Digital Equity, Diverse Divides | Meet the CIOs!
Suatter Awards Ceremony
Be sure to add the Larry Sautter Awards Ceremony to your schedule. The awardees will be announced on Tuesday, Aug. 10 at 4:20 p.m. - some of whom may be from UC Berkeley!
I look forward to seeing you there (virtually, of course)!
Faye Snowden, UC Tech Ambassador for Berkeley
Manager of the Technology Program Office, Office of the CIO