August 28, 2017
This year’s University of California Computing Services Conference (UCCSC) included a new track -- Research IT -- and was hosted at the beautiful UC San Diego (UCSD) campus August 7–9, 2017. The annual conference gathered together over 500 people from all 10 UC campuses, 3 Medical Center campuses, and the Office of the President. A dinner the night before at the Birch Aquarium kicked-off the two-day event that included a program of keynotes, presentations, tour of Fallen Star (a sculpture installation commissioned by UCSD’s Stuart Collection), workshops, and panels across 7 different tracks, including Architecture, Culture, Engineering, Leadership, Vendors, Health IT, and Research IT.
There were 22 staff from Berkeley who attended the conference, including 5 staff who submitted proposals for sessions that were accepted:
- Michelle Bautista - Trust Bank Presentation & Game: How to Build an Organization Focused on Trust
- Antonio Cricelli - Using Open Source and Ebay to Deploy Useful Compute Clusters
- Lucy Greco - Tools and Training For Developing More Accessible Products and Services
- Jeremy Rosenberg - Who Are We, Really? The Future of Identity and Access Management Across the UC System
- Israel Vela - kraken: Berkeley Law Lecture Capture System