To all staff in VC Administration units:
Thank you to all staff in the VCA Division who have signed up for CalNet 2-Step Verification. We had a tremendous response to our initial request. Colleagues have reported that both signing up and using 2-Step is simple.
If you haven’t yet had a chance to sign-up, please follow the links below to sign up for CalNet 2-Step Verification before December 22, 2017. 2-Step Verification provides an important, additional layer of protection against the theft of your CalNet credentials by ensuring you are the only person accessing your account.
2-Step Verification will be enforced on your account in the new year and you will have temporary difficulty accessing your account until you complete the enrollment process. Signing up for 2-Step Verification takes just a few minutes and you’ll find it is easy to use.
Please take a moment to sign up for 2-Step Verification following the links below.
Thank you for helping to make our campus more secure.
Vice Chancellor, Administration
- Go to CalNet Account Manager and on the left menu, click Manage 2-Step Verification.
- Register your device. Go here for instructions.
- If you encounter any issues or have any comments, please report it here.
About the CalNet 2-Step Verification Service
- Uses Duo to add a second level authentication to CAS-protected apps.
- Only for your personal CalNet account.
- Self-service devices include: smart phones, cell phones, landlines, tablets.
- Advanced user devices include: Yubikey HOTP tokens and U2F tokens.
- Go here for more information.
Resources and Links
- Got Questions? Need Help? Contact email@example.com.
- Want the CalNet team to host an info session about 2-Step for your group? Request here.
If you are a manager who supervises UC Berkeley employees without email access, please circulate this information to all.
Please do not reply to this message