Dear Campus Community,
- Go to mycalnet.berkeley.edu and login (upper right corner)
- Choose “Change My Recovery Email Address” from the menu
- Enter a non-Berkeley “New Recovery Email Address” in the field, and press “Change”
- A message will be sent to your recovery email
- Click the “Confirm email address” button in the message you receive within three days
What is a recovery email address?
A recovery email address is your personal non-berkeley.edu email address. Entering it at mycalnet.berkeley.edu enables you to recover access to your CalNet account without the assistance of a CalNet deputy (contacting the help desk). Once you enter and confirm your recovery email address, you’ll be able to reset a lost passphrase and perform other account management functions. A recovery email address is also required for new users to create a CalNet ID.
Why are you asking me to update it now?
The old CalNet system did not offer tools for users to manage their own accounts. CalNet was upgraded substantially in October 2016, and now offers self-service tools at mycalnet.berkeley.edu - but, you can only use the these new tools with a valid non-berkeley.edu recovery email address.
What happens if I don't update my recovery email address?
If you do not enter a non-berkeley.edu recovery email address, you will not be able to reset a lost passphrase without assistance from a CalNet deputy.
Larry Conrad, Associate Vice Chancellor for IT and CIO