Technology at Berkeley Site Navigation:
Breadcrumb Trail:
Home > Campuswide IT Policy and Privacy> How do I…

Local Navigation:

Report network misbehavior: Where do I report misuse?

Get help with IT policy issues by email:

Report security incidents involving networked devices:

Campuswide Policies

Research Policies

The Campuswide IT Policy and Privacy website has moved to a new location:

Please make sure to bookmark this new address.


IT Security, Privacy and Policy: Top ten requests for assistance

How do I…

Report threats of physical harm?

Get exceptional approval to examine or disclose electronic communications records?

Request early disabling of CalNet or CalMail accounts?

Respond to online copyright infringement allegations?

  1. As a “takedown notice” under the DMCA:
    See The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and Related Resources
  2. As a legal action taken by the copyright holder’s legal representative, e.g. an Early Settlement Offer or a Subpoena:
    Campus legal counsel cannot represent individuals in matters of alleged copyright infringements. Students may seek information from the Student Legal Services office: employees will need to obtain their own personal legal counsel.
General information:

Get help with security breaches / data breaches?

Handle electronic evidence?

  1. Am I allowed to provide it?
    See How to Respond to Requests for Electronic Evidence

  2. What should I keep in conjunction with a possible legal action?

Respond to objectionable electronic communications?

Request an exception to computer security requirements?

Request off-site hosting?

Get help with information technology policy issues?


UC Berkeley Campuswide Technology Service Providers
Site Map Contact Webmaster