Designed to be a drop-in replacement for AWS S3 for onsite, AAOS is a value-oriented, high-performance, low-latency, and highly-available onsite object storage offering built on Cloudian’s on-premise storage solution.
AAOS is S3-compatible object storage, intended to be a drop-in replacement for Amazon Web Services' Simple Storage Service (S3) on-site and allows for a true hybrid cloud experience. It can be integrated with AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure solutions for offsite copies, using the same protocol and tools. There are no archival or warm storage tiers; it is all low-latency on-site “hot” storage.
Use this option when you…
- Need a cost-effective hybrid cloud storage solution.
- Don't want to worry about GET, PUT, transitions, and other operational or transaction costs.
- Want greater predictability when estimating storage costs.
- Can't reliably separate or identify which data is static, dynamic, archive-ready or highly transactional.
- Need optional versioning.
- Need WORM (Write Once, Read Many).
- Delivering web application assets and content.
- Target for active archive.
- Secondary storage target.
- Backup software.
- Hold data for analysis.
- Integration with service pipelines.
- Storage solution
- 24 X 7 support from the Berkeley IT Storage and Backup team and vendor
- DC electrical/footprint
- FTE to assist in management and configuration
See FAQs below for more detailed cost information.
The Berkeley IT Storage and Backup team provides a full-service support model that includes the following:
- Hardware/software support
- Life-cycle management
- Question and answers
For additional product information please visit the Cloudian website.