UCBackup provides a centralized, network based backup and recovery service for computer systems on the UC Berkeley campus as well as servers at the San Diego Super Computing Center (SDSC). It protects computers from data loss due to accidental file deletion or corruption, hard drive failure, or system upgrade.
- Available for servers and desktops on the campus network
- Windows, Mac OS and UNIX/Linux platform support available
- Automatic detection and backup of file changes daily
- Offsite backup repository
- Password-protected accounts
Data Retention Policy
Our default data retention policy retains backups for up to five of the most recently modified versions.
Here is a comparison of UC Berkeley rates with selected peer institutions and outside vendors.Keywords: backup, computer back up, data protection