Designed to be a drop-in replacement for AWS S3 for multi-cloud solutions, Wasabi is value-oriented, high-performance, low-latency, and highly-available cloud object storage offering.
Wasabi is S3-compatible cloud object storage, which is intended to be a drop-in replacement for Amazon Web Services' Simple Storage Service (S3). It can be integrated with AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure solutions, using the same protocol and tools. There are no archival or warm storage tiers; it is all low-latency “hot” storage. Since Wasabi does not charge the same ancillary fees for manipulating data, it's easier to predict a month-to-month cost.
Use this option when you…
- Need a cost-effective cloud storage solution.
- Don't want to worry about GET, PUT, transitions and other operational or transaction costs.
- Want greater predictability when estimating monthly storage costs.
- Can't reliably separate or identify which data is static, dynamic, archive-ready or highly transactional.
- Are comfortable integrating different cloud vendors.
- Need optional versioning.
- Delivering web application assets and content.
- Target for backup software.
- Hold data for analysis.
- Integration with service pipelines.
- Your cost will vary each month, based on usage.
- Your department Chartstring will be charged each month.
- There is a minimum charge equal to 1 TB.
- See the FAQ below for more information.
- The Berkeley IT Storage and Backup team will:
- provision a Wasabi account and charge a department Chartstring every month based on actual usage.
- provide initial environment information and access.
- be responsible for communication and working with Wasabi in regards to major incidents.
- By using the Berkeley IT Storage and Backup Wasabi service a user gets full access to Wasabi technical support via email.
- Your service is self-managed, you will be responsible for all aspects of security compliance associated with your Wasabi account.
For additional product information please see the FAQs below or visit the Wasabi website.