Avaya Workplace uses VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) which allows you to use your computer or smartphone to make or receive calls from your campus phone number, anywhere in the world! Avaya Workplace gives you the flexibility to use the telephone that works best for you whether you are on campus, at home, in a temporary office, or in a remote location.
- Utilizes your campus phone number, at no additional cost (requires a digital PBX line).
- Voicemails go to your existing voicemail box.
- Protects your privacy: callers see your campus phone number as the Caller ID instead of your home or personal cell phone number.
- Designed for ease of use while maximizing voice and video quality of service.
- Works on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android.
- Includes advanced telephony features like call transfer, call conferencing, and more!
How it Works
- Use an app on your computer or smartphone to make or take calls on your campus phone number.
- Audio works through speakers and microphone on your device (headsets / earbuds also work). The audio that you use for Zoom works great with the Avaya Workplace app.
- The desktop phone in your campus office continues to work for making and taking calls.
- This service is available only with our digital PBX phone service. Analog lines must be changed to digital in order to request Avaya Workplace.
- Avaya Workplace can be used on one device at a time. For example, if you are logged into Avaya Workplace on your mobile phone and then log into your desktop device, it will log you out of your mobile phone.
- Do not use this service to make 911 calls. Use your local landline phone (or cellular phone service) to call 911, on or off campus.
How to Request Avaya Workplace
Submit a Service Request to add Avaya Workplace to your PBX digital line. Due to e911 policies, the department administrators cannot add Avaya Workplace for another person. Each person must submit the request themselves to confirm they will not place 911 calls using Avaya Workplace. If you have questions about this new service, please email Telecom Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.