The mission of the Technology Program Office (TPO) is to plan, foster, and coordinate strategic information technology projects that serve the needs of the campus community; provide expert project management for campuswide technology implementations; and bring together people and resources to create effective ways to manage IT projects.
- Set project management standards and tools.
- Manage projects.
- Manage portfolio of projects.
- Monitor effectiveness of methodologies and tools.
- Maximize benefits of project investment and minimize risk.
- Communicate value/benefit of program management.
- Work with the CTC to review proposals submitted for funding.
- Advise on campus IT projects: feasibility, risks.
- Manage portfolio of CTC approved/funded projects.
- Communicate status of the project portfolio to CIO and CTC.
- Provide project portfolio view to appropriate audiences.
- Monitor effectiveness of methodologies and tools and make adjustments.
- Review and approve tools for project management and project portfolio management.
- Manage projects using TPO-defined methodologies.
The Technology Program Office (TPO) coordinates the management of multiple resources including staff, funds, knowledge, tools, and techniques to achieve the agreed-upon project requirements.
The TPO serves as a central project management resource for the effective and efficient management of IT projects on the UC Berkeley campus. Services include:
- Project Management - The TPO offers expert project managers to manage IT projects. This service is provided at the current recharge rate.
- Consulting - TPO staff provide consulting services from answering general project management questions to assisting in the development of a project charter, risk analysis, or work schedule. This service is provided either free or at the current recharge rate, depending upon the agreement.
- Online Methodology and Tools - The TPO has developed a basic project methodology and tool set based upon the Project Management Institute (PMI) standards.
- Training - The TPO has teamed with Technology Staff Development, the Center for Workforce Development, and UC Extension to develop a two-day course, Introduction to Effective Project Management. Check the Interactive Course Enrollment (ICE) website for availability.