Office of the CIO (OCIO)
Organization Chart [PDF]
The Office of the CIO
in carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Provide global oversight of the campus IT environments.
- Serve as primary owner of the Campus IT
- Oversee development of campus technology investments.
- Provide program and project management.
- Provide privacy, policy, and security oversight for campus information resources.
- Develop and disseminate technology standards, practices, and architecture.
- Perform public outreach and service.
The Office of the CIO also manages the annual AVC–IT control unit budget process. More information about that process can be found here:
AVC–IT Control Unit Block Grant Internal Funding Request Process
Office of the CIO Departments
- CIO's Immediate
Office plans, supports, and advances the IT governance model and
processes at UC Berkeley.
- Financial Planning and Technology Investment Services
promotes the strategic investment of campus IT resources
through offering financial management and technology acquisition services,
as well as supporting the AVC-IT/CIO
through organizational budgeting, financial control, and review services.
- Security, Privacy and Policy
is responsible for development and oversight of technology-based policies
with specific emphasis on privacy and security.
- Technology Program Office
plans, fosters, and coordinates information technology projects
that serve the needs of the campus community;
provides expert project management for campuswide technology implementation;
brings together people and resources to create innovative ways
to apply technology to support the campus mission.
- Technology Standards, Practices, and Architecture
acts as the steward of the UC Berkeley Information Technology Architecture (ITA),
which is driven by the mission and goals of the University
and is essentially the set of IT solutions to the campus's business problems.