There are many education and awareness programs on a variety of equity and inclusion-related topics available at UC Berkeley as well as through UCOP. These include resources like the Multicultural Education Program (MEP) workshops, the UCOP implicit bias series, LinkedIn Learning classes, and more.
Anyone in our One IT community can feel free to utilize these resources. During the summer of 2018, we delivered a customized MEP program for everyone in Berkeley IT, and have since made the program of three courses a requirement for all Berkeley IT staff to attend.
We have and will continue to offer periodic training and workshops on things like implicit bias, microaggressions, and other awareness activities. Training will be required for all Berkeley IT people managers, and strongly recommended for all Berkeley IT staff.
Learn at Your Own Speed
- Multicultural Education Program (MEP) Workshops
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Bias Busters Reading List
- LinkedIn Learning
- Read, Watch, Listen, Engage
- Ally/Bystander Training
UC Office of the President
- Implicit Bias Series
- Learn more about UC’s staff workforce diversity
- Explore the UC Staff Workforce Profiles
- Read the Staff Diversity Council Report
- UCnet: Systemwide diversity resources