IST/OCIO is participating this year in the Performance Management Campus Pilot Program beginning April 1, 2019 for all non-represented staff.
What are the Benefits?
- More frequent check-ins that allow for more real-time assessment, adjustment and alignment
- Greater opportunities to talk about individual engagement and professional development
- More shared ownership between managers/directs about how well work is performed and the benefits of contributions
- Better matching of efforts with workplace dynamics by frequent review of goals
- Less time needed to prepare, produce and document performance reviews
What's NEW during the Pilot Program?
- New check-in periods.
- December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2018
- April 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
- Standardized questions.
- New (four) evaluation criteria: goal accomplishment, job mastery, enterprise contribution and forward-thinking
- No annual rating
- 3-point merit pay categories: below target, on target, above target
6 Standardized Questions
- What are your accomplishments and achievements this period? What are you most proud of and why?
- How has your work supported the overall strategy and/or mission of your department and/or the campus?
- What additional information, knowledge, skills or other resources do you need to succeed in your job?
- How have you collaborated to foster a stronger department and/or campus environment?
- How have you engaged in the discovery of innovative or entrepreneurial ways of doing your work?
- How have you cultivated diversity, equity and inclusion on your team? (Only for managers and supervisors)
- Goal accomplishment. How well organizational, business unit, and individual work goals are accomplished.
- Job mastery. How well an individual demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities related to their role, which results in strong performance and organization contributions.
- Enterprise contribution. How well an individual collaborates with others, and supports their success in achieving organizational goals.
- Forward thinking. How well an individual uses their knowledge and experience to generate new, actionable ideas which improve outcomes and gain efficiencies.
Process & Forms
IST/OCIO non-represented staff will be required to use the online tool that will be available soon.
For represented staff, please continue to use the form approved by the bargaining units: Represented Evaluation 2
Contact and Support
- Growing as a Coach
- IST Manager Network
- Brown Bag: AMA Ask Me Anything Sessions
- February 28, 2019 through July 30, 2019
- Participating in your own performance review: Tips for Employees
If you need further assistance with any phase of the performance management process, please contact our HR Manager, Naseem Ghaffari (email@example.com)