The IST Procurement Team is the main point of contact for all procurement needs. If there is a financial implication, it requires a BearBuy cart. The IST Procurement Team is the main point of contact for all procurement needs from paper clips to mainframe servers. Please contact us directly with any questions: Marina Bennett (email@example.com) or Laurina Ashby (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Order Process Workflow
Procurement requests are made via BearBuy. All campus employees, affiliates, and graduate students with a CalNet ID can shop for goods or services in BearBuy. Purchasing transactions are initiated by logging into BearBuy. Like most campus systems, if you are accessing BearBuy from off campus, you must download and use bSecure Virtual Private Network (VPN) called GlobalProtect. We advise seeking your manager’s written or verbal approval prior to initiating a request to help expedite the process.
- A shopper logs into BearBuy using their CalNet credentials and creates a BearBuy cart, then assigns it to their manager for approval.
- When approved, the manager assigns the cart to the Department Budget Officer (DBO) for review.
- The Department Budget Officer reviews the cart and enters the chartstring information.
- If the total value of the cart is less than $1,000, the Department Budget Officer submits the cart to the IST Procurement Team.
- If the value of the cart is greater than $1,000, but less than $99,999, the Department Budget Officer assigns the cart to the Director. The Director reviews and if approved, submits the cart.
At any time during the process, a cart may be returned to the shopper for additional information or deleted if the cart is not approved.
Vendor / Commodities Management
The IST Procurement Team handles supplier sourcing, competitive bidding, and pricing negotiations. The IST Procurement Team continually researches and meets new vendors to ensure IST staff receive the best pricing and service possible. The IST Procurement Team prepares, submit, and negotiate services via Request For Information, Request for Proposals, and Request for Quotations.