Due to COVID-related budget constraints, the campus will likely not fund the STAR (Spot and Achievement) awards program this year, and potentially beyond. Because we know everyone is working so hard, OCIO/IST directors wanted to find some way to recognize your accomplishments in the absence of the STAR program. To that end, we have created a new recognition program, the You Rock IT! Award, to continue to acknowledge and reward exemplary performance and contributions by individual employees or teams in OCIO/IST. Funding for the program has been approved by CIO Jenn Stringer.
You Rock IT!
The You Rock IT! award is designed to recognize special contributions of OCIO/IST staff, as they occur, for a specific project or task. They also recognize and reinforce the behaviors and values that are important to us in OCIO/IST, the One IT Community and at UC Berkeley.
- The You Rock IT! award is $500 and limited to two awards per calendar year whether nominated individually or as part of a team.
- To nominate a person or team, please complete the You Rock IT! nomination form.
- Nominations may be submitted any time during the year.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the Admin Support team to ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements and award criteria, and will be processed on the first and third Tuesdays of the month.
- Nominations that meet eligibility and award criteria requirements will be forwarded to the nominee's Director for final approval. OCIO/IST Directors will also be notified.
- Nominees' names will be added to the You Rock IT! recipient page.
Pay It Forward
All IT staff (everyone in One IT) also have the option to Pay It Forward to fellow IT colleagues, a way to thank or celebrate work well done throughout the year.
Please contact the Staff Awards and Recognition lead Stephanie Dunn at email@example.com with any questions.