Hello One IT community,
Starting Aug. 1, 2022, anyone who wishes to use Adobe Creative Cloud will need to request a new license, valid for one year. On Aug. 14, 2022, the access period will end for all licenses that were generated before Aug. 1, 2022. In order to best support instruction and the daily work of our campus community, Berkeley IT is assessing Adobe software usage to better understand the demand for Adobe Creative Cloud.
What is changing?
- Aug. 1 - Faculty, students, and staff can begin requesting an Adobe license for use this academic year by filling out the license request form that will be posted on the Adobe Software webpage
- Aug. 14 - All licenses requested after Aug. 1 will be assigned and the access period will end for any licenses assigned before Aug. 1.
- Avoid disruptions in using Adobe products: To avoid disruptions, campus customers actively using Adobe Creative Cloud products are encouraged to request their license starting Aug. 1 and before Aug. 14 when their existing license access period will end.
- Regain access to Creative Cloud assets: If your Adobe license access ends on Aug. 14 you will temporarilylose access to any content stored in Creative Cloud. You must request a license and wait for it to be assigned before regaining access to your assets.
- Duration of license: so long as someone maintains an active student or employee affiliation, they will only have to request a license once during the academic year.
Who can I contact for help?
- Employees - Faculty and staff can contact IT Clients Services at 510-664-9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Students - Drop-in IT support is available in-person, by phone, and via email. See contact information and hours of operation for the Student Helpdesk for further detail.
- IT Partners - For questions about this change or how it might impact your department, please reply directly to this email.
Additional note: Brief Adobe service outage on July 17
On Sunday, July 17, Adobe will perform a routine upgrade at 7 a.m. PST to enhance user and administrator storage and content capabilities. Customer accounts will be unavailable for an estimated 10-15 minutes.
Please help share this information with your networks.