The Student Technology Council (STC) provides graduate, professional, and undergraduate students a forum to advise the Chief Information Officer and senior IT leaders about the holistic student technology experience. Areas of focus include:
- Academic technology and digital learning
- Cal Central and Student Information Systems
- Campus WiFi and connectivity needs
- Information security
- Remote instruction and student engagement
- Software and device needs and challenges
- Student tech support services
- Tech equity for underserved students
- Tech innovation ideas
- ...and much more...
The council is sponsored by the Chief Information Officer and is composed of 15 volunteer student members and five campus IT leaders. Learn more about our current council members and our historical membership.
We go to great lengths to ensure the council is composed of graduate, professional, and undergraduate students who represent the widest possible diversity of academic programs, campus affiliations, and social identities. They bring great eagerness to contribute feedback, ideas, and support to the improvement of the student technology experience on campus.
Join the team!
Previous coursework and/or experience related to technology is not a requirement to join the council, just an interest in helping shape the student IT landscape.
- Be a registered student for spring 2024 and fall 2024.
- Serve on the Student Tech Council for two consecutive semesters.
- Be available on Tuesdays from 5:30 - 7 p.m. and attend all three meetings each semester (some in-person, some virtual).
- Advocate for student needs and solutions that improve the technology experience overall.
- Develop professional, advisory relationships with the Chief Information Officer and other senior IT leaders.
- Gain insight into the function and dynamics of advisory board structures.
- Dinner is provided at each in-person meeting.
- Note: this is a non-compensated, volunteer role.