Working together to ensure an inclusive and positive environment for all.
IST senior management, in partnership with the IST Action Team, and input from staff across the organization are developing an approach to address concerns about equity and inclusion. These are issues we feel strongly must be addressed programmatically, over time, in tangible and specific ways on a number of fronts.
This website shares details about what we are working on and what to expect over the coming months. The IST Equity and Inclusion program is a parallel initiative to ReIT Strategy 7: Diversity and Inclusion which aims to integrate equity, inclusion, and diversity into all areas of IT on campus by actively engaging UC Berkeley’s training programs, research, and principles of community. We welcome all ideas and feedback for how we can ensure our organization is a positive and safe working environment for all.
Equity & Inclusion Program Tracks
There are four tracks that are the foundation for the IST Equity and Inclusion program:
- Track 1: Education and Awareness
- Track 2: Positive and Safe Working Environment
- Track 3: Applicant/Hiring Diversity
- Track 4: E&I for One IT
If you see or know of behavior that is contrary to the values we want to engender in IST, we ask you to speak up. You can bring these directly to CIO Larry Conrad or to any member of the management team. And if you experience this behavior directly, know that you have options available to you:
- You can speak confidentially to the Staff Ombuds Office;
- You can speak confidentially to Employee Assistance counselors;
- You can report instances of sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression discrimination and harassment to the Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination.