Each year we put out a call out to the One IT community to nominate the individual contributors and/or new managers who demonstrate leadership potential and a desire to grow their IT career with the University. When we consider applications for LFWYA, we are looking for members of the One IT community across campus who would benefit most from participation in the program. The successful candidate should:
- Be an individual contributor and/or new manager who demonstrates leadership potential and a desire to grow their skills;
- Currently hold an IT career position at UC Berkeley for a minimum of 1 year.
Nominations can be made either by the applicant or by a manager or colleague. Here are the steps:
- Nomination: Anyone in the One IT community can nominate themselves or a colleague to this program.
- Application: The candidate (or you, if you are nominating yourself) will then receive an invitation to fill out an application.
- Manager Approval & Endorsement: The application process will then automatically solicit support from the nominee’s manager.
- Selection: A committee comprised of ITLP and LFWYA alumni consider different factors in the selection process, including the strength of the application and manager’s endorsement, the diversity of the cohort, the representation of units from across the campus, the individual’s stage in their career growth and development, and more.
The nominees who are selected must be able to commit to attending a total of five two-day workshops held on campus (no travel is required) and have the written support of their supervisor. In addition, there will be project and reading requirements to fulfill between the workshop sessions. The CIO covers the cost of the program.