There are many education and awareness programs on a variety of equity and inclusion related topics available at UC Berkeley as well as through UCOP. These include resources like the Multicultural Education Program (MEP) workshops, the UCOP implicit bias series, KEYS classes, and more. During the summer of 2018, we brought a customized MEP program to IST, a requirement for all staff to attend. We are also discussing additional trainings and awareness activities that we will make mandatory for all supervisors and managers, and strongly recommend for all. A diversity and inclusion track has been added to our 2018 OCIO/IST Workforce Development Plan.
Learn at Your Own Speed
- Multicultural Education Program (MEP) Workshops
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Bias Busters Reading List
- Lynda.com: dozens of courses on diversity and inclusion free for all staff at UC Berkeley.
- Implicit Bias Series
- Learn more about UC’s staff workforce diversity
- Explore the UC Staff Workforce Profiles
- Read the Staff Diversity Council Report
- UCnet: Systemwide diversity resources
- Look Different Implicit Association test; short surveys that provide info on your results.
- Harvard’s Implicit Bias tests; these are confidential and free to take.
- Stanford: VMware Women's Leadership Innovation Lab
- Diagnosing Bias
- Tips for Managing Unconscious Bias
- Educating on Unintended Bias
- Designing a Bias Free Organization
- Understanding Implicit Bias
If You See Something, Say Something
If you see or know of behavior that is contrary to the values we want to engender in IST, we ask you to speak up. You can bring these directly to CIO Larry Conrad or to any member of the IST Action Team. And if you experience this behavior directly, know that you have options available to you:
- You can speak confidentially to the Staff Ombuds Office;
- You can speak confidentially to Employee Assistance counselors;
- You can report instances of sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression discrimination and harassment to the Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination.