Meet Our Team
Director, IST-Infrastructure Services & Telecommunications
What We Do
We provide core infrastructure technology services to the campus, a common, reliable, standards-based technical environment, and cyber-infrastructure for research and education. Infrastructure services include:
- Data Center Colocation - providing campus customers a secure location and network connectivity for housing mission-critical servers.
- Endpoint Operations and Services (EOS)
- Enterprise Storage and Backup solutions - offering two data storage options depending on what type of access is needed: Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- IT Business Continuity - consultation and planning to deliver IT resiliency, business continuity solutions and services for campus applications administered by IST, both locally and at UC Berkeley’s fail-over site, the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC).
- Production Control Shared Services Center - a UC multi-campus organization, the PCSSC is responsible for delivering workload automation, batch scheduling and file transfer services in IBM mainframe and distributed (Unix, Windows, Linux) platform environments.
Our Telecommunications team designs, installs, and operates the campus voice and data network systems including wired data ports, Wi-Fi, desk phones, and cellular service. The group determines standards and best practices for telephony and network infrastructure development, promotes compatible standards, and best practices across campus IT infrastructure groups. Telecom services include:
- Design and Project Management - consultation on IST Standards and project management for new building infrastructure projects.
- Network Operations and Services - network connectivity, Wi-Fi, hostmaster services, remote VPN, and other services in support of departmental networking needs.
- Voice Operations, Products and Services - providing analog and digital voice services, voicemail, cellular (wireless) services, and related products.