Wi-Fi connectivity is generally available throughout most buildings on campus as well as in UC Berkeley-affiliated buildings located off-site with an expansion effort underway. For the most stable and secure connection, eduroam is the primary Wi-Fi service providing students, faculty, and staff access to the campus network (be sure to drop other Wi-Fi options in your list). Coming in January 2023, devices incompatible with eduroam can use the Berkeley-IoT Wi-Fi network. View the comparison chart below to see which Wi-Fi option is best for you.
Connect to eduroam or Berkeley-IoT
Please note that Berkeley-IoT is not yet available at all campus locations. Berkely-IoT is scheduled for release to the entire campus community in January 2023.
Connect to eduroam
- Choose “eduroam” from the Wi-Fi network options on your device, enter your username (YourCalNetID @berkeley.edu). This may be different from your bConnected email address and the password you use to access email.
- Once you have set up eduroam the first time, your device should automatically use eduroam whenever you are within an area where it is provided.
Connect to Berkeley-IoT
- Choose “Berkeley-IoT” from the Wi-Fi network options on your device and enter the shared secret assigned to you by the Wi-Fi Keys page. Your device may refer to the shared secret as a password.
- Each device has a unique shared secret, so an account must be created for each device connecting to Berkeley-IoT.
If you have issues connecting to Wi-Fi, try rebooting your device and go through these steps again. If this does not resolve connectivity please contact us for help:
- Faculty, staff, and student employees - contact IT Client Services.
- All other students - contact Student Technology Services.
Wi-Fi Key/Password for eduroam and Berkeley-IoT
If youneed to reset your eduroam password or create a new account for eduroam or Berkeley-IoT:
- Use your CalNet ID to log into the Wi-Fi key website to manage Wi-Fi accounts.
- View detailed instructions on how to connect to Wi-Fi based on the type of device you are using.
- Follow the instructions listed above to connect to the Wi-Fi network of your choice.