In the spirit of ensuring that employees who are retiring receive respectful recognition and appreciation for their service and commitment to the university, and that this is done consistently across IST departments, the OCIO/IST leadership team has defined the following guidelines for retirement celebrations. At this event we will also recognize anyone who is receiving a service milestone.
IST-wide retiree/service milestone celebration: First and foremost, we want to make sure that the contributions of the dedicated employees who have worked for our organization and the campus are recognized by IST as a whole. To that end, annually we will hold a celebration honoring all of our retirees in a given year. We will also recognize staff service milestone (5, 10, 15, etc.) at this event.
- All IST staff will be invited to participate in this event, as well as others retirees would like to invite (e.g., people from other units, or close family members).
- We envision this being a 2+ hour party, with hors d’oeuvres and beverages, and short remarks/toasts by someone (a manager, colleague or peer) for each retiree.
- Organized by the Office of the CIO.
- Retirees are encouraged to attend but of course are not required to do so.
- For 2019, this IST-wide celebration will be on June 13 from 2-4:30 pm.
Individual Team Retiree Celebrations
- Each retiree’s team may also hold a smaller event.
- Organized by manager or someone on retiree’s team.
- Lunch or dinner (standard per person meal/refreshment maximums apply, see below).
- Limit of one event per retiree, maximum expense of $1,500.
Gift maximum is $400, regardless of years of service. Gift cards are always a good option, and can be ordered by emailing ISTemail@example.com.
UC Meal/Refreshment Expense Limits
The maximum per-person expenditures for meals and light refreshments furnished by the University may not exceed the following amounts:
- Breakfast $27
- Lunch $47
- Dinner $81
- Light refreshments $19