The following resources are available if you do not have access to the internet off campus.
Low Cost Internet
Faculty and staff who currently have campus-provided AT&T & Verizon mobile devices have the option to add to their existing service and turn their smartphone into a mobile hotspot. Please work with Telecom Support Services (TSS) to add a tethering plan to your service. Send questions about how to do this to email@example.com.
Students, faculty, and staff who have no internet access can start by visitingEveryoneOn.org to find offers, determine if you are eligible for special programs, and to search for low-cost internet by zip code. Here are some additional offers from major carriers (note: this info is subject to change, please see carrier websites for full details):
- Comcast: offers free Wi-Fi for two months to low-income families plus all Xfinity hotspots are free to the public during this time.
- Charter/Spectrum: free Internet offer for two months.
- AT&T: offers open hotspots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families.
- Sprint: provides unlimited data to existing customers, and allows all handsets to enable hotspots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: offers unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Sonic: Internet + Home Phone from $40 per month, with two months of billing deferral due to hardship related to COVID-19.
Connect to the Campus Network
Once you have internet access in place, remember that you will need to download and connect to GlobalProtect viabSecure VPN to access University systems (e.g. Blu, BearBuy, or BFS) and library-licensed resources.