"UC Berkeley's IT professionals work together to provide the tools, data, and infrastructure the campus community needs to continue to grow as the world's greatest public research university."
In-depth IT strategic planning began in the Fall of 2016 with Reimagining IT (ReIT): a months-long process involving the entire One IT community. During this time, the Program Planning Group (PPG) was formed to guide the process and to ensure priorities aligned with Berkeley's campus strategic plan. Since the successful creation of the initial ReIT Strategic Plan, a newly constituted PPG continues to oversee our annual One IT priority-setting process and steward strategic technology projects and related campus initiatives. In Spring 2021, we evolved, and to reflect the new operational phase of our work, we renamed this the One IT Strategic Plan.
One IT Strategic Planning Process
- Each year, in January, we begin the strategic planning process by calling for top IT-related priorities from dozens of departments across campus.
- In mid-April, we invite One IT Leaders to collectively identify the top IT Priority Initiatives for our One IT Strategic Plan.
- In June, we publish the plan and share it with the Chancellor’s Cabinet to showcase the ways in which we coordinate and collaborate to support the campus Strategic Plan through our work.
Presentations and Updates
During our plan's project and implementation phases, we sent regular reports. Progress updates are now highlighted during the monthly CIO Open Forum.
- Dec. 10: CIO Annual Report | ReIT Spotlight SILS implementation| slide deck | watch Zoom video
- Nov. 16: Reimagining IT Program Update
- Nov. 12: ReIT Updates for members of PPG | slide deck | watch Zoom video
- Oct. 8: IS-3 Security Update | slide deck | watch Zoom video
- Sept. 30: ReIT Program Update #28 - Read the FY21 Plan
- Feb. 4: Workshop Slide Deck | Notes
- Nov. 20: ReIT Program Update #27
- Sept. 26: ReIT Program Update #26 - Read the FY20 Plan
- Aug. 19: ReIT Program Update #25
- July 25: Workshop Slide Deck
- June 19: ReIT Program Update #24
- May 21: ReIT Program Update #23
- April 29: Open Seminar
- April 23: ReIT Program Update #22
- April 11: EDUCAUSE Webinar The Evolution of Strategic Management
- March 27: ReIT Program Update #21
- Feb. 28: ReIT Program Update #20 - See the Revised Plan
- Jan. 31: Reimagining IT: 2018 CIO Annual Report
- Dec. 18: ReIT Program Update #19
- Nov. 14: ReIT Program Update #18
- Oct. 17: ReIT Program Update #17
- Sept. 19: ReIT Program Update #16
- Aug. 16: ReIT Program Update #15
- July 26: ReIT Program Update #14: A Year in Review
- June 21: ReIT Program Update #13
- May 22: ReIT Program Update #12
- April 23: ReIT Program Update #11
- April 13: ReIT Update #10: IT Knowledge Management by Marlita Kahn
- March 21: Workshop Slide Deck |Notes
- March 15: ReIT Update #9: IT Service Catalog Analytics by Rita Rosenthal
- Feb. 15: ReIT Update #8: UX Testing of IT Service Catalog by Daphne Ogle
- Feb. 1: Open Seminar
- Jan. 31: ReIT Update #7: Student Computing at Cal by Traci Young
- Jan. 18: ReIT Update #6: Progress Report & Sneak Peek at 2018 from David Greenbaum
- Dec. 14: Open Seminar
- Nov. 29: ReIT Update#5: IT Service Catalog by Rita Rosenthal
- Nov. 8: ReIT Update #4: Telling Our Story by Jon Conhaim
- Oct. 27: ReIT Update #3: Aligning Orgs to Support Teaching and Research by Jenn Stringer
- Oct. 12: Open Seminar
- Oct. 10: ReIT Update #2: CalNet 2-Step by Matt Wolf
- Sept. 28: ReIT Update #1: Implementation Updates from David Greenbaum