In some cases, you may be able to find an answer more quickly by following these steps before reaching out for IT support:
- Having issues with a computer system or network problem? Check the System Status page for updates on any outages.
- See something suspicious that could impact cyber security? Contact the Security team immediately.
- Looking for an IT service? Browse our catalog.
- Need more detailed technical help? Search the knowledge base.
- General technical questions? Google it. There are various tips and tricks for getting better results, including enclosing an exact phrase—like an error message—in quotes.
IT Support for Faculty, Staff, Postdocs, Visiting Scholars, and Student Employees
We expect high demand for technical support services during the beginning of Fall semester. Please be patient as there may be delays in fulfilling your request. Support for student-facing staff, instruction, and research will be prioritized.
Starting Aug. 18, drop-in support will be available from Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for faculty and staff in Dwinelle Hall, Room 128, across from the Academic Innovation Studio. In addition, IT support appointments will be available at IT support locations across Campus. Please note in your request if you cannot come to an IT support location and we will do our best to visit your location.
ITCS technicians will observe all campus safety requirements during in-person meetings. Be sure to complete your Daily Screener before your appointment. We will ask you to show your green Campus Access Badge before drop-in support or appointments.
IT Support Locations
Contact the ITCS Service Desk (510-664-9000) and ask for an available time to deliver, pick up, set up your equipment, or to investigate something that stops working. Available IT Client Services appointment locations (additional locations may be added):
You will receive an email notification with your appointment confirmation. Please note the instructions included on how to enter the building where your appointment is located. You may need to call when you arrive so that a technician can open locked doors for you. The phone number will also be included in your appointment confirmation.
Hours of Service
You can reach IT Support online, via email, or phone Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding University holidays).