The mission of the Technology Program Office (TPO) is to plan, foster, and coordinate strategic information technology (IT) projects that serve the needs of the campus community. The TPO provides expert, certified project managers who bring together people, processes, and resources to enable successful project outcomes.
We serve as a central project management resource for the effective management of IT projects on the UC Berkeley campus. Services include:
Project Management (PM)
The TPO offers experts to manage projects from initiation to completion. PM responsibilities include:
- Managing IT projects using accepted best practices.
- Maximizing the benefits of project investments and minimizing project risks.
- Determining and adapting accepted PM methodologies suitable to the project.
- Championing and fostering PM practices campus-wide via the UC Berkeley Project Management Community of Practice.
- Communicating the value and benefits of project management.
- Reviewing and selecting tools for project and project portfolio management.
- Managing project portfolios.
- Managing and communicating the status of the projects in the IST Service Portfolio.
TPO staff can answer general project management questions or help you plan your project.
We provide practical project management training for those who lead projects but are not project managers. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Tools & Templates
We have developed tools that have proven most effective on technical projects.