We will be featuring various Reimagining IT projects and sharing Open Seminar presentations on this page over the course of the coming months to keep the One IT community informed on progress being made on our strategic plan.
Progress Report Archive
- Nov. 14, 2018: ReIT Program Update #18 (below)
- Oct. 17, 2018: ReIT Program Update #17
- Sept. 19, 2018: ReIT Program Update #16
- Aug. 16, 2018: ReIT Program Update #15
- July 26: ReIT Program Update #14: A Year in Review
- June 21, 2018: ReIT Program Update #13
- May 22, 2018: ReIT Program Update #12
- April 23, 2018: ReIT Program Update #11
- April 13, 2018: ReIT Update #10: IT Knowledge Management by Marlita Kahn
- March 21, 2018: WorkshopSlide Deck |Notes
- March 15, 2018: ReIT Update #9: IT Service Catalog Analytics by Rita Rosenthal
- Feb. 15, 2018: ReIT Update #8: UX Testing of IT Service Catalog by Daphne Ogle
- Feb. 1, 2018: Open Seminar
- Jan. 31, 2018: ReIT Update #7: Student Computing at Cal by Traci Young
- Jan. 18, 2018: ReIT Update #6: Progress Report & Sneak Peek at 2018 from David Greenbaum
- Dec. 14, 2017: Open Seminar
- Nov. 29, 2017: ReIT Update#5: IT Service Catalog by Rita Rosenthal
- Nov. 8, 2017: ReIT Update #4: Telling Our Story by Jon Conhaim
- Oct. 27, 2017: ReIT Update #3: Aligning Orgs to Support Teaching and Research by Jenn Stringer
- Oct. 12, 2017: Open Seminar
- Oct. 10, 2017: ReIT Update #2: CalNet 2-Step by Matt Wolf
- Sept. 28, 2017: ReIT Update #1: Implementation Updates from David Greenbaum
One IT Colleagues,
November, a month in which we practice gratitude, continues to bring a flurry of activity as we prepare to update the Reimagining IT Strategic Plan for release in early 2019. We are grateful for all your continued support, engagement, and dedication with ReIT.
At our ReIT half-day workshop on Oct. 25, we reviewed IT departmental priorities (216 from 22 departments) and identified the highest IT Priority Initiatives for campus with the IT Leadership Group (ITLG), Strategic Leadership Council (SLC) and others. We also received an update of early recommendations from the Diversity and Inclusion strategy team (see below). We have a full day workshop scheduled in January to bring all the pieces together so that we can update the ReIT plan. IT leaders on campus will evaluate the Campus Strategic Plan and other key information to determine how to revise the ReIT plan to ensure we are aligned to support the goals of the University. Here are some other things that have been happening and additional updates for this month:
Mark Your Calendar: ReIT Open Seminar: Dec. 6
The final ReIT Open Seminar for the fall semester will be on Dec. 6. We will begin in Sibley Auditorium at 10:30 a.m. with a welcome and update from Larry Conrad and David Greenbaum, and end with pizza lunch in the lounge at noon. Our ReIT teams have been busy making progress on several projects and we will hear from the following Tactic leads at the seminar:
No need to RSVP, just put the Open Seminar on your calendar now - see you there!
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
The Diversity and Inclusion Superhero Team presented their initial findings at the ReIT Workshop on Oct. 25. The team reviewed all of the input and feedback from the two Diversity and Inclusion workshops held earlier this year, and summarized and synthesized it into six important themes: Culture, Hiring/Recruitment, Layoffs, Retention, Structural Support, and Commitment. From these themes, specific recommendations for ReIT tactics will be developed and presented at the Open Seminar on Dec. 6 and the next ReIT Workshop in January. Many thanks to Traci Young, April Wolford, Katy Maloney, Gladys Oddoye, Zed Lopez, Cristóbal Olivares, Darin Clarke, Jovie Soliman and Rob Silva for their excellent work and presentation.
Watch the Video: Fall 2018 Campus Town Hall
Chancellor Carol Christ was the honored guest speaker at a Campus Town Hall meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 9, in the Pauley Ballroom, where more than 500 staff managers and directors gathered to learn more about the Chancellor's priorities and vision for Berkeley and to ask questions about campus projects, issues, and strategies. Watch the video here (note timestamps for speakers below):
At the conclusion of the speakers, Town Hall participants were invited to stay and visit a dozen tables staffed by campus departments with services and programs of interest to ask questions directly. The Spring 2019 Campus Town Hall will be held on Thursday, March 14. For other information from campus leaders on their priorities and perspectives, please see the Campus Conversations series.
Final Cohort: CalNet 2-Step
The CalNet 2-Step team is rolling out the final cohort - retirees! Congratulations to the team for the fantastic job they have done in completing this project over the last year: Jeremy Rosenberg, Ronnie Ong, Karl Grose, Jeff McCullough, Summer Scanlan, and Brian Khoemstedt. In total, 76,000 staff, faculty, students, and retirees are now doing the 2-Step!
One IT Staff Appreciation
The ReIT implementation depends on everyone in One IT. The Staff Appreciation event was a wonderful opportunity to talk with colleagues and enjoy a little social time. In case you missed it, take a look at the slide deck welcoming new staff to our One IT family and celebrating STAR recipients as well as photos from the event: Slide Deck | Event Photos
Wishing you a safe and happy Thanksgiving, and, if you are interested, take a look at this monthly calendar from the Greater Good Science Center for ideas on giving thanks and being more compassionate.
David Greenbaum, ReIT Director