We offer a variety of cellular products from our approved University vendors. AT&T and Verizon Wireless are the exclusive providers of our cellular devices and plans offered through Berkeley IT for University-owned cell phones.
Steps to Order or Upgrade Your Cellular Phone
- Explore your options:
- Order your phone:
- To place an order go to our Telecom Catalog and use your CalNet ID to authenticate.
- On the left menu under “Self Service” select “Service Catalog” then “Cellular Services” from the center of the page category options.
- Choose “Add a new cellular Device and Plan” OR “Upgrade” if you have an existing phone that needs to be ordered or plan to be updated. Fill out the appropriate form.
- Depending on your approval status, you may need to identify a departmental approver within your form. Select the search icon in the Department Approver field to search for the person who is an approver in your unit.
- Complete the rest of the form fields then select “Add to cart” from the right sidebar menu.
- This opens a new page where you can review your order to confirm your form information is correct, then select “Place your order” from the right sidebar menu.
- A confirmation page appears with the REQ and RITM number that Telecom has successfully received your order. You will also receive an email confirmation.
- Get approval to proceed with processing: Your order will go to your Department Approver (if you do not have this access). Once approved, we will continue with processing your order which may take 7-10 business days.
- Receive your phone: When placing your order, you can choose to include your delivery address for us to direct ship the device to you. If you prefer to pick your phone up at Evans Hall B2, we will contact you to provide pickup instructions.
- Activate your phone: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your phone. Activation instructions will be included with your phone. For additional support please call 510-664-9000 and press 1, 3 & 3.